There are other ways to cook, without recipes, besides following recipes, but this is about learning how to cook without the typical recipe format. Some people just want to try a new dish or get inspired by trying something new. If you are one of those people, you should try and find some creative ways to cook.
Although we’re a little more than a week into the New Year, it’s important to start off the new year with a clean slate in terms of your eating habits. Eating healthy is something that many people struggle with, but it doesn’t have to be this way. When it comes to cooking healthy, there are various ways to choose. For example, you can try to cook with a recipe, or you can just wing it by researching what foods you and your family like the most.Problem. I wish I could cook at home more often, but it takes so much time, I don’t know what to cook and I’m not very good in the kitchen. I want to cook good food without a bunch of hidden calories. The solution is to learn to cook without recipes.
Relying on recipes is the number one reason people don’t cook. They’re overwhelming. You take a long list of ingredients to the store, walk around, never make that dish again and have ingredients you may never use.
Learning to cook without recipes is the solution.
HOW CAN I PREPARE A MEAL IF I DON’T HAVE A RECIPE? TRY TO USE THE MODEL.
Most dieters agree on one thing.
- Eating less processed food is a good idea
- Vegetables are a good idea
- Eating protein is good for our health and physical performance. Animal or vegetable, it’s a personal preference.
- It is very important to understand hunger and satiety
- Learning about calorie and energy balance helps too
- If we are successful in these areas, we will be very successful.
Make a list of your favorite foods and note 3-5 in each category.
You can use this list to make simple grocery and meal lists.
- Starchy carbohydrates and fruit
- Healthy fat
A rough shopping list for the week might look like this:
- Protein: Chicken legs and ground beef 90/10
- Vegetables: Frozen broccoli, cauliflower and carrot mix. Bok choy and peppers
- Starchy carbohydrates and fruit : Plantain, white rice, banana and raspberry
- Healthy fats: Olive oil, coconut oil, avocado
Recipes are just someone’s idea of how to do something
Don’t be afraid to experiment and even make mistakes, cooking is meant to be fun.
If you are cooking for others, it can be helpful to know your family’s eating habits. Ask them to name 3-5 favorite foods in each category and see if there is a similarity.
Another idea is to make a list of a few favorite foods that you or your family members like. Then find alternatives to make them a little healthier or more caloric.
- Chicken Sticks
- Chinese food
TAKE WHAT YOU’RE ALREADY EATING AND MAKE IT A LITTLE BETTER.
Say you go to Starbucks every morning for a mocha coffee and a bagel with cream cheese. Today, you can make a simple substitution: Leave your bagel with cream cheese, but have a regular coffee with cream and a packet of sugar.
Is it perfect, and are you going to wake up tomorrow exhausted? Maybe today. But you drive the wheels to make better and better decisions.
The second step in this process could be to replace the bagel and cream cheese with these delicious little protein bites. The third part consists of drinking black coffee and eating scrambled eggs.
The fourth step can be a homemade coffee and breakfast, with some protein and vegetables.
Finally, the fifth step could be to experiment with intermittent fasting during this period and have your first meal in the afternoon.
I think you know what I mean. Yes, you can change everything in one night if you want to. But sometimes it can seem overwhelming and confusing. Simple changes like these can make a lasting difference and begin the process of transforming your personality.
HOW MUCH SHOULD YOU EAT IF YOU COOK WITHOUT A RECIPE?
There are many ways to track your food intake and eat well according to your needs.
You can use manual estimation, weigh and measure, or macronutrient counting. One is not necessarily better than the other, and there is no reason to stick to one method. It is in your best interest to experiment with different ones, learn and choose what you like best.
Whatever method you choose. Get in the habit of reading nutrition labels and familiarizing yourself with things like portion sizes. Calories per serving, proteins, sugars, carbohydrates and fats. Raise awareness and educate yourself about what you choose.
- Hand size: 2 palms for men, 1 palm for women
- Sizes: 6-8 oz for men, 3-6 oz for women.
- Macro: 40-60 grams for men, 20-30 grams for women
- Example: Chicken legs or ground beef
- Hand size: 2 fists for men, 1 fist for women
- Measurement: About 1 to 2 cups (but these are vegetables – eat them healthy).
- Macro: I don’t know. It’s so small it doesn’t matter.
- Hand size: 2 handles for men, 1 handle for women
- Measurement: 1 cup cooked food for men, ½ cup cooked food for women.
- Macro: 40-60 grams for men, 20-30 grams for women
- Example: White rice or noodles
- Hand size: 2 inch for men, 1 inch for women
- Size: 2 tablespoons for men, 1 tablespoon for women
- Macro: 14-24 grams for men, 7-12 grams for women
- Example: Olive oil or butter
GET INTO THE HABIT OF COOKING WITHOUT RECIPES PURCHASING, PREPARING AND COOKING FOOD
If it’s not in my calendar, it doesn’t exist. So I plan my meals, shopping and cooking for each week. I like to do these things on the same day at about the same time to create a habit.
Planning and procurement
I use the 1-2-3 method to plan meals. Every week I do intermittent fasting or eat the same food (or smoothie) for breakfast. For lunch I choose 2 different dishes and alternate them. Dinner consists of 2 different meals and a meal outside the house.
The 1-2-3 method of meal planning makes eating easier and allows me to eat socially without worrying. An example of a week might look like this.
- Breakfast: Intermittent fasting or hard boiled eggs, avocado and raspberries
- Lunch: Chicken and banana salad. Or minced meat, roasted vegetables and a banana.
- Dinner: Minced beef, white rice and vegetables to sauté. Or salmon, plantain and lettuce. Or a social meal if I decide to eat out.
Cooking without a recipe
After I came home from shopping. Prepare all the food you need in advance. It could be cutting vegetables, thawing proteins, or washing fruits and vegetables so they are ready to be eaten.
You can also prepackage, organize your fridge, and….
Cooking without a recipe
We have a complete guide to healthy cooking for beginners. But one of my favorite methods is throwing it in the pan.
- Put one to two tablespoons of oil in a pan or wok (or spray it with cooking spray).
- Put beef, chicken or other meat in a wok or pan.
- Fry the meat a few minutes
- Add your favorite vegetables to taste. Cauliflower or broccoli can make a great roast.
- Stir several times.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes until vegetables and meat are cooked to your liking.
- Eat and enjoy! It’s that simple.
OTC combinations of proteins, spices and herbs
- Beef: Cayenne, curry powder, garlic, onion, thyme.
- Eggs: Chives, curry, dill, ginger, red pepper.
- Fish/seafood: bay leaf, dill, fennel, lemon peel, turmeric
- Lamb/other game meat : Cumin, curry, garlic, rosemary and thyme.
- Poultry production: bay leaf, coriander, garlic, paprika, thyme
- Pork: Cloves, fennel, ginger, paprika, sage
The beauty of this method is not only that it is almost as simple as making a sandwich. This method can be used for different types of meat and vegetables. This way you can keep it simple and make a different meal every night if you want.
HOW TO PREPARE DIFFERENT PROTEINS WHEN COOKING WITHOUT A RECIPE
HOW TO COOK CHICKEN
Step one: Cut the chicken
This will distribute the brisket or thigh evenly, promoting faster and more even cooking. Place the chicken on a cutting board lined with parchment paper.
This will ensure that the breast or thigh cooks more evenly and quickly. Place a piece of chicken on a cutting board or sheet of parchment paper. Hit the chicken with a hammer, rolling pin or pan until it begins to flatten.
Step two: Select the cooking setting. Cooking, baking, steaming
If you are frying in the pan, leave it for 15 minutes. This ensures even cooking. If you don’t have time, that’s not a problem – just heat the pan for 2-3 minutes. While you wait, season both sides of the chicken with salt and some of the spices listed at the top of this article.
Spray the pan with cooking spray or add a teaspoon or two of healthy fats. Put the chicken in the pan and let it rest for 5 minutes. Don’t touch it. This results in the formation of a crust. After 5 minutes, turn around and repeat. Remove from pan, let cool for a few minutes and enjoy.
HOW TO PREPARE GROUND BEEF
Step one: Heat the frying pan
Heat a large skillet for 2 to 3 minutes. Add cooking spray or a teaspoon or two of healthy fats.
Step two: Add the beef
Add the minced meat to the pan. Break it into small pieces with a spatula.
Step three: Seasoning of the beef
While the beef is cooking, add salt and some of the spices mentioned earlier in this article. Keep stirring to make sure the mixture is fairly even.
Step four: Rudder
Keep stirring every three or four minutes. Total cooking time is about 10 minutes or until there is no more pink in the middle of the slices.
Step 5: In addition,
Let the beef cool for a few minutes. You can remove them and place them on a paper towel to absorb the excess grease. If you want to skip this step, you can simply place the dish on a plate and serve it with the dish you are preparing.
HOW TO COOK EGGS
Step one: Just hit it.
Crack the eggs into a bowl and add the salt and other seasonings to taste (see earlier in this article).
Step two: The butter baby.
Heat a non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Spray the pan with cooking spray or add 1 to 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil. Let the butter melt slightly before adding the egg mixture.
Step three: Get the eggs out.
When the eggs start to melt together. Carefully go over the pan with a spatula. Try to make big lumps of the egg. Keep pulling, lifting and folding the eggs until no liquid is visible.
Remove from heat and let the eggs cool for a few minutes. Sit down and enjoy!
HOW TO COOK SALMON
Step one: Heat the frying pan
Coat them with non-stick spray or add 1-2 teaspoons of healthy fat (butter is great). Heat a skillet over medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
Step two: Season the salmon (repeat quickly 10 times).
Add salt and your favorite spices to both sides of the salmon.
Step three: Bereiten Sie den Lachs vor
Place the salmon skin side down in the pan. Cook them for 4-5 minutes without touching them. If the salmon is very thick, an extra minute or two may be needed.
When the salmon is light pink, turn it over. If it sticks to the pan while cooking, let it cook for another minute. It should come off the pan without sticking.
Step four: Let it boil for a while.
Fry the salmon for another 4-5 minutes on the other side. You can check whether the salmon is cooked by pricking it with a fork. If it comes off easily, it’s done.
You can also use a cooking thermometer to check the temperature in the middle. At 125 degrees, it’s done.
Remove from pan, let cool for 5 minutes and enjoy.
PREPARATION OF VARIOUS VEGETABLES FOR COOKING WITHOUT A RECIPE
I’m always looking for ways to make my job in the kitchen easier, and this is one of them. I buy most of my vegetables frozen. They are pre-cut, can be stored for longer, retain their good taste and are packed with nutrients.
To prepare them, I sometimes roast them or throw them in the Instapot. But mostly I use the pan-toss technique you saw earlier in this article.
But if that’s not your thing. Here are some ways to prepare different vegetables.
PREPARATION OF ROOTS AND TUBERS
These are vegetables such as carrots, parsnips, sweet potatoes and beets.
Step one: Warm-up
Place rack in center of oven and preheat to 425 degrees F.
Step two: Preparation of the vegetables
Peel the root vegetables and cut them into thick slices. Dice a small red onion and add it to the root vegetables. Place the vegetables on a baking sheet and brush with olive oil. Keep an eye on the quantity – it depends on how much you are cooking. Sprinkle with salt and spices or cook as is.
Step three: Preparation of the vegetables
Place the vegetables in the oven and bake for about 30 minutes.
Step four: Almost done.
Remove the vegetables from the oven and stir gently. Flatten them and let them sit for another 10 minutes. Meanwhile, they’re still roasting.
HOW TO COOK GREEN LEAFY VEGETABLES
These are vegetables like chard, kale, dandelion or spinach.
Step one: First of all, cook
Put a pan of salted water on the fire and bring to the boil. Add the chopped or whole herbs and cook for 4-5 minutes. You know they are done when the ribs/bones are tender.
The amount of water you use depends on the amount of leafy vegetables you are cooking. But enough to cover them when they’re in the water.
After cooking, drain and rinse under cold water.
Step two: Glue them together.
Add 1 to 2 teaspoons of healthy fat to the pan. Or use a non-stick cooking spray. Heat a skillet over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the herbs and a little salt and spice. Continue to cook and stir the vegetables for 3-4 minutes.
HOW TO PREPARE FLOWERING VEGETABLES
These include vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower and artichokes.
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Put a few tablespoons of olive oil on a baking sheet (or grease it with non-stick spray). Place the vegetables on a baking sheet, either sliced or in florets. Sprinkle with salt and spices and stir for 1 to 2 minutes.
Let the vegetables bake for 20-25 minutes. The edges will be crispy and maybe a little charred. If desired, squeeze a little lemon over it after cooking. Let cool for a few minutes and add as a garnish.
HOW TO COOK WITHOUT RECIPES SIMPLE RECIPES
Well, that makes the point of this article, cooking without recipes, right? But sometimes a little advice in the kitchen can help. How can you use some of these recipes in your own creative projects?
Captain Crunch Frankenberry Healthy Muesli For 1 person
- 1 cup unsüßte Mandel- oder Kokosnussmilch
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup of nuts (almonds, macadamias, walnuts, etc.)
- A grated spoon of coconut
- 1 to 2 tablespoons protein powder to the canister of protein powder
- A piece of dark chocolate (optional)
- 1/2 cup of your choice of small
Pour the unsweetened almond milk into a bowl
- Add nuts
- Coconut included
- Add protein powder
- Grate the dark chocolate over the mixture with a cheese grater.
- Add berries
- Stir and enjoy!
Notes: Tailor the servings of nuts and protein powder to your needs.
Fake McMuffin: For 1 person
- 2 – 3 eggs
- 2 slices of bacon
- 4 leaves of romaine lettuce (for the sandwich)
- 1/2 Cup of Himbeans
- Garlic, sea salt and pepper to taste
- Cut 2 strips of bacon in half and put them in the pan over medium heat.
- While the bacon is cooking, whisk the eggs in a bowl with the garlic, sea salt and pepper.
- When the bacon is as crispy as you like, remove it from the pan and spread it out on a paper towel.
- Put the egg mixture in the same pan as the bacon. Do NOT remove the fat from the bacon – you will love the extra flavor.
- Crack the eggs over medium heat for a few minutes. Arrange on lettuce leaves and sprinkle with bacon.
- Add raspberries to the plate and enjoy!
Buffalo (or ground beef): for 1
- 1 – 2 flicks of buffalo meat (or grass-fed beef)
- 1 Klumpen Rosenkohl
- 1/2 small onion
- Cayenne pepper
- Red pepper flakes
- Sea salt
- 1 – 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Slice the Brussels sprouts and onion and add them to the pan over medium heat.
- Add the coconut oil with 2 tablespoons of water. Cover and let stand 3 to 5 minutes.
- When the Brussels sprouts have softened, remove the vegetables from the pan and transfer them to a bowl.
- Add the bison (or ground beef) to the pan and cook until browned. Add the spices and taste for the right amount.
- Put the vegetables back into the pan with the egg whites and cook for a few more minutes.
- Sit down and enjoy!
Chicken and apple celery salad: For 1 person
- 1 – 2 Handflächen Hähnchenbrust or -shavings
- Celery stalk
- Lettuce of your choice
- 1 small tomato
- Any color pepper
- basil, rosemary, salt and pepper (to taste)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Slice the chicken and put it in the pan. Cook over low heat with the above flakes
- Slice the lettuce, tomato, bell pepper, apple and celery (finely or chopped). Mix them together and put them in the bowl. I like to add a little apple cider vinegar.
- When the chicken is golden brown, remove it from the pan and add it to the salad.
- Pour 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil over it and enjoy!
IF I HAVE TO CATCH THINGS SPONTANEOUSLY. ANY IDEA WHAT I CAN BUY?
Don’t worry if you need a snack on the go. You won’t ruin your diet, you won’t slip, and you won’t have to get back on the horse.
There are many low-calorie and fairly high-protein diet options. Here are some of the most common places to eat. I don’t remember where I found this list, but it really is a great one.
WHAT TO EAT AT STARBUCKS
- Classic whole wheat oatmeal.
- Breakfast sandwich with egg and cheddar.
- Sandwich with spinach, feta cheese and egg white.
- Low-fat turkey bacon and protein sandwich.
- Heart salad with vegetables and brown rice.
- Bowl of spicy chicken and black bean salad.
- Thai Chicken and Peanut Wrap
WHAT’S IN SUBWAY [6″ subs of salads]
- A vegetarian delight.
- Teriyaki chicken with sweet onions.
- Roast the chicken in the oven.
- Roast chicken.
- Black Forest ham.
- Club Metro.
- Roast beef.
- Sliced turkey
WHAT TO EAT AT CHIPOTLE
- Vegetarian Burrito Bowl.
- Barbacoa Burrito Bowl.
- Vegetarian salad.
- A bowl of chicken salad.
- The Burrito Bowl from Sofrita.
- Vegetarian Burrito Bowl.
- A bowl of chicken/steak/carnitas salad.
- Make-your-own-baby plate with two soft-shell chicken tacos
WHAT TO EAT IN PANERA
- Avocado, egg whites and spinach.
- Oatmeal with almonds, quinoa and honey.
- Mediterranean vegetarian sandwich.
- Caesar salad with grilled chicken.
- Strawberry and poppy seed salad with chicken.
- Black bean soup.
Photo TR on Unsplash – Photo Katie Smith on Unsplash – Photo Mae Mu on Unsplash – Photo Ella Olsson on Unsplash – Photo Dan Gold on Unsplash – Photo NeONBRAND on Unsplash
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I cook without recipes?
Can we prepare food without recipe Why or why not?
Yes, we can prepare food without a recipe.
How do you improvise in cooking?
You can improvise in cooking by using ingredients that you have on hand.
cooking without recipes bookhow do chefs cook without recipescooking without recipes redditbon appétit cooking without recipeshow to cook without a cookbookhow to bake without a recipe,People also search for,Feedback,Privacy settings,How Search works,How to Cook Without a Book,Book by Pam Anderson,Cooking without recipes book,how do chefs cook without recipes,what do you call cooking without a recipe,cooking without recipes reddit,how to bake without a recipe,how to make a meal without a recipe,how to cook without a cookbook,bon appétit cooking without recipes